HappyGear is a utility that will allow newer, InputSprocket-compatible devices, such as USB joysticks and steering wheels to be used with games that were designed before InputSprockets were available, that needed compatibility with 68K machines, or that don't yet work with any gaming devices.
Here are some quotes from very happy users:
I think this is an exceptional piece of software design. It is easy to use and the ability to assign all keyboard functions to the device buttons, hats and switches is outstanding. Response to the joystick (via mouse movements) is smooth and responsive. - G.W.
A very usefull piece of software for using my Logitech WingMan Formula GP with IndyCar Racing II... Thanks for writing this !! - F.H.
THANK YOU! I can finally run IndyCar Racing II !!! - D.G.
My Thrustmaster Ferrari Modena Pro wheel works with PC and Mac G4 (very well indeed via HappyGear - thank you very much Mr. Austin!) - T.G.
I hadn't played x-wing in almost a decade and was itching to play it again. It wouldn't work on my OSX machine, so I bought an old Mac. While the game worked, the game wouldn't recognize my joystick. I read about HappyGear on line, so I bought it and it works beautifully! The support line was amazingly helpful initially when I had some difficulty with my machine. Thanks!!! - P.L.
Some of the new Features in HappyGear 2 are:
- Quick Device Create assistant to quickly create all the device elements for your gaming device!
- Reorganized and simplified user interface!
- Configure video and sound specific for each settings file!
- Provide feedback to the system that the user is active while HappyGear is providing data! (This means: no more screen savers interrupting your programs!)
- Fixed a problem saving calibration settings.
- Added the ability to save "templates" to exchange with your friends!
Yeah, that's great. So how does it work? (click any image to get a larger view)
There are no articles in this category. If subcategories display on this page, they may contain articles.